AUDIO-VISUAL TECHNOLOGY/EVENTS SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center is a world-class museum that chronicles the history of the American Infantry from its formation in 1775 to the present. It includes eight galleries, a Giant Screen Theatre, authentic World War II Company Street, outdoor monuments and memorials, a full-service restaurant, combat simulators and a gift store. It is operated by the National Infantry Museum Foundation in partnership with the U.S. Army.
The National Infantry Museum Foundation has an opening for an Audio-Visual Technology/Events Support Specialist. This position requires 20-30 hours per week, including nights and weekends. The successful applicant will report to the Events Director in support of events held at the National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center. The ideal candidate must display excellent customer service and oral communication skills. Experience in sound/video/lighting systems and an understanding of multimedia technology is strongly preferred. Primary responsibilities and tasks:
* Provide A/V support and troubleshooting for museum events, classes, tours, lectures, rentals and other productions as needed
* Assist Events Department staff with set-up and breakdown of events
* Assist in the maintenance and repair of the museum’s Events Department equipment and property
Other responsibilities and tasks:
* Work with the Information Technology Staff to maintain and repair all rental equipment, tools and supplies.
* Other duties and tasks as assigned
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel and Powerpoint
* Must be able to lift and carry 70 pounds
* Ability to work independently
* Must be able to perform climbing duties to include catwalks, lifts, ladders and scaffolding
* Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with staff, volunteers, clients, outside vendors and the general public
Application, deadlines, and compensation:
Submit cover letter and resume to: National Infantry Museum Foundation Events Director National Infantry Foundation 1775 Legacy Way, Suite 220 Columbus, GA 31903 or by email to email@example.com
Please no phone calls regarding this position.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of the Treasury policy, the National Infantry Foundation is an equal opportunity provider and is prohibited from discriminating on the bases of race, color, national origin, age or disability.
Job offer is based upon successful completion of drug test and background screening.