AUDIO-VISUAL TECHNOLOGY/EVENTS SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center is a world-class museum that chronicles the history of the American Infantry from its formation in 1775 to the present. It includes eight galleries, a Giant Screen Theater, authentic World War II Company Street, outdoor monuments and memorials, a full-service restaurant, combat simulators and a gift store. It is operated by the National Infantry Museum Foundation in partnership with the U.S. Army.
The National Infantry Museum Foundation has an opening for an Events Support Specialist. This position requires 20-30 hours per week, including nights and weekends. The successful applicant will report to the Events Director in support of events held at the National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center. The ideal candidate must display excellent customer service and oral communication skills. Experience in event management and sound/video/lighting systems and an understanding of multimedia technology is strongly preferred.
Primary responsibilities and tasks:
* Act as “Manager on Duty” during events as needed
– To ensure event is set up in a timely manner with correct layout and equipment, as guaranteed to the clients
– To ensure the client is greeted and treated in a friendly, professional manner and supported throughout their event including last minute requirements
* Provide A/V support and troubleshooting for museum events, classes, tours, lectures, rentals and other productions as needed i.e.: set up with microphone and podium, projector and screen, lights, sound systems, etc.
– To ensure all equipment, including audio visual, is correctly set up, positioned and maintained throughout the event
* Assist Events Department staff with phone calls, filing, other administrative tasks as assigned, set-up and breakdown of events
Other responsibilities and tasks:
* Work with the Information Technology Staff to maintain and repair all rental equipment, tools and supplies
* Other duties and tasks as assigned
* Strong customer service skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong organization skills
* Significant technology understanding
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
* Proficiency in audio visual and sound equipment set up
– Setting up presentations from clients on projector and screen (these typically come on CDs, flash drives, through email, or on a client’s laptop), piping music into different event rooms, setting up microphone and podium, etc.
* Must be a self-starting, productive, polished and independent worker
* Must have the ability to process and react to event concerns in a quick and calm manner
* Must be able to lift and carry 45 pounds
– Lifting tables (6fts, 8fts, 48” rounds, 72” rounds, etc.), banquet chairs in stacks of 10, mic & podium, dance floor equipment, stage equipment, speakers, etc.
* Must be able to perform climbing duties to include catwalks, lifts, ladders and scaffolding
* Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with staff, volunteers, clients, outside vendors and the general public
Application, deadlines, and compensation:
Submit cover letter and resume to:
National Infantry Museum Foundation Events Director
National Infantry Foundation
1775 Legacy Way, Suite 220 Columbus, GA 31903
or by email to KWilson@nationalinfantryfoundation.org
Please no phone calls regarding this position.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of the Treasury policy, the National Infantry Foundation is an equal opportunity provider and is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age or disability.
Job offer is based upon successful completion of drug test and background screening.