The National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center is a world-class museum that chronicles the history of the American Infantry from its formation in 1775 to the present. It includes eight galleries, a Giant Screen Theater, authentic World War II Company Street, outdoor monuments and memorials, a full-service restaurant, combat simulators and a gift store. It is operated by the National Infantry Museum Foundation in partnership with the U.S. Army.
The National Infantry Museum Foundation has an opening for an Events Coordinator.
Job Description: The Events Coordinator arranges and executes all types of events at the museum, to include museum-hosted events, Army events and events held by individuals, businesses and organizations. Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships via phone, email and in-person appointments with clients and event organizers to ensure satisfaction
· Working closely with various museum departments to execute events
· Preparing and negotiating contracts, maintaining venue calendar, and managing arrangements for vendors, caterers, and technical support
· Inputting data into booking software, creating after-action reports, and measuring results of sales efforts
· Processing bills and invoices
· Assisting with the set-up, arrangement, and tear-down of chairs, tables, technical equipment and related items (Physical work may include lifting/carrying 30 lbs)
· Assisting with efforts to grow events-related revenue
Requirements: The Events Coordinator must be an enthusiastic representative of the museum and must excel in customer service. Previous event planning experience is preferred but not required. The successful applicant must demonstrate:
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Ability to prioritize with great attention to detail
· High energy and the stamina necessary to oversee a busy event calendar with accuracy and under pressure
· Excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills
· Willingness to work evening and weekend hours
This is a salaried position that includes benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Application: Send cover letter, current resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
Director of Events
National Infantry Museum Foundation
1775 Legacy Way
Columbus, Georgia 31903
Please, no phone calls regarding this position.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of the Treasury policy, the National Infantry Museum and National Infantry Museum Foundation are equal opportunity providers and prohibited from discriminating on the bases of race, color, national origin, age or disability.