NIM to Open Seven Days a Week for ‘Summer to Remember’
Beginning June 1, 2015, the National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center will be open seven days a week to give visitors additional opportunities to take part in the summer’s activities and explore the museum’s countless stories and artifacts.
- The popular free Family Film Fest starts Monday, June 1, and will continue through July 29. Each week the museum will show two family-favorite movies on the giant IMAX screen at no charge. The movies will be shown at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. See the schedule and all 18 titles here.
- On Saturday, June 6, the museum will commemorate the 71st anniversary of the landing of Allied troops in Europe with additional screenings of D-Day 3D: Normandy 1944 in the IMAX Theatre and the sharing of personal stories on the museum’s social media platforms.
- The NIM will celebrate Flag Day and the Army’s 240th birthday on Sunday, June 14, with free flags for visitors, patriotic music, and birthday cake in the lobby.
- Freedom Fest returns on Saturday, July 4, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The community can enjoy live music, bounce houses, re-enactors, a kids’ parade, food vendors and more.
- Summer Camp Benning offers one-week day camps for six weeks in June and July for campers of all ages and levels of experience. Slots are still available; contact the Camp Director at 706-653-9234 for more information.
- There will also be a Scouts Day at the museum this summer, where both girls and boys in uniform will get special discounts to the IMAX Theatre and simulator attractions.
- Grownups will look forward to the can’t-miss social event of the summer: the annual 1775 Society gala on Saturday, August 22. This year’s theme is “A Night at the Museum: The Last 100 Yards.” The black-tie fundraiser features fine dining, dancing, and a silent auction. For tickets, call Jane Bayer at 706-685-2604.
Enjoy a ‘Summer to Remember’ at a Place to Remember … the National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center!
NEW Summer Hours (effective June 1, 2015 – September 7, 2015)
Monday – Saturday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday – Wednesday: Noon – 5 p.m.
Thursday – Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Fife and Drum Restaurant
Monday – Tuesday 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Wednesday – Saturday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
See daily showtimes here