The National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center is a world-class museum that chronicles the history of the American Infantry from its formation in 1775 to the present. It includes eight galleries, a Giant Screen Theater, authentic World War II Company Street, outdoor monuments and memorials, a full-service restaurant, combat simulators and a gift store. The theater is operated by the National Infantry Museum Foundation in partnership with the U.S. Army.
The National Infantry Museum Foundation has an opening for a Giant Screen Theater supervisor. This position is part-time and may include nights and weekends. The successful applicant will report to the Theater Operations Manager. The ideal candidate must display excellent customer service and oral communication skills.
Applications are now being accepted for a motivated part-time supervisor who can offer exceptional customer service and leadership. Please note that the museum’s Giant Screen Theater is not affiliated with Carmike Cinemas. The theater is managed by the National Infantry Museum Foundation, a private 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to apply and must have reliable transportation.
Primary responsibilities and tasks:
· Provide prompt, courteous and exceptional customer service to all guests.
· Oversee the opening and closing of the concession operation and reconcile inventory sheets and supporting paperwork at the closing of shift.
· Supervise concession operations and assist where needed to ensure accurate staffing, production levels, quality control and timely service.
· Assist in the training of concessions staff.
· Sell movie tickets and provide accurate information about current films.
· Complete all sales of movie tickets or concession items on cash registers/POS systems properly and accurately.
· Maintain cleanliness of concession areas and proper working order of concession equipment including safe operation of such equipment.
· Communicate with vendors to place stock item orders.
· Handle cash, checks and other types of payment for products and tickets sold.
· Ensure that all movie schedules, ticket prices, print and media visuals are accurate and up to date.
· Ensure the safety of all customers inside the theater, performing routine checks of seats, stairs and railings, notifying management of any concerns or problems.
· Maintain the cleanliness of the box office/concession stand theater lobby.
· Take and prepare all food orders accurately and properly.
· Ensure all food and beverages are maintained properly according to Food Safety Regulations.
· Restock all products including drinks, candy, ticket paper, cups, condiments, etc.
· Assist all customers and guests to include basic training soldiers, families of graduating soldiers, foreign soldiers, school groups, reunion tours and more.
· Adapt to changing environments and situations at a moment’s notice.
· Be a quick, hands-on learner.
· Be able to work collaboratively with other team members, management and foundation employees.
· Perform other tasks as assigned by operations manager.
Position Type: Part-time, Flexible, On-Call
Pay Rate: $12.00/hr
· Must possess previous supervisory experience.
· Must have earned a high school diploma or GED.
· Must possess excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills, strong orientation to customer service, and strong basic math skills to accurately count inventory and handle money.
· Must possess the ability to meet required tasks, be results oriented, be able to manage multiple tasks while paying close attention to detail and customer service.
· Must possess computer skills and familiarity with POS systems.
· Must possess the ability to work a flexible schedule to include days, nights, weekends and holidays, work as a team, and have reliable transportation.
· Must possess the ability to read, write and communicate effectively. Application: Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls regarding this position.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of the Treasury policy, the National Infantry Museum and National Infantry Museum Foundation are equal opportunity providers and prohibited from discriminating on the bases of race, color, national origin, age or disability.